Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Poinsettias! Reason for the Season Stamp set

Hello everyone!  I am behind in showing some of the projects from the last Stamp Camp!  We made a couple of projects with the Reason for the Season Stamp set and the Flower Builder punch.  I showed the Pillow box we made last week, but I for got to show the card.









Here is the stamp set.  As you can see the poinsettia stamp is made up of three stamps.  There is the outline stamp, the petals, and the leaves.  Oh, and the center little dot, so I guess there are 4 stamps to make up the poinsettia.  We stamped the flowers in Real Red and Mossy Meadow onto Whisper White cardstock and then cut them out.  We also added some Gold Dazzling Details to the center for some shimmer.
The plain paper is from the Merry Moments Designer Series paper, which is in the annual catalog (12 sheets in 6 patters of 12 x 12 paper).  You can also get this pattern in the smaller paper stack of the same name, which has 48 sheets of 4 patterns in 6 x 6 inches.

When I make up cards for stamp camp I usually make several versions and pick one.  This is one we did not do, but I thought I would share it so you can see what the poinsettia would look like with out the black outline stamp.  It then has a softer feel to it.








Here are the two side by side.









To cut put the main image panel on the version with out the outline, I thought it would be fun to keep the flower on the same piece of paper, and cut around it, leaving a bit of the flower going over the edges.  Do do this I just used the paper trimmer and cut up to the flower, lifted the cutting blade and placed it back down at the other side of the flower and continued cutting,  Then I used scissors to trim around the petals where needed.




I also made a fun little tag.  The Merry Wishes stamp is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set, which I just love.













Here are some pretty cards made with this set from the Holiday Catalog. In the card on the top they used the outline stamp and then colored in the flowers and leaves with markers for a Bolder look.  The card on the bottom us really pretty with the layers of gold thread and the doily.











Purchase the Reason for the Season bundle and I will send you these card samples. 



Thanks for stopping by!!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!