Thursday, January 15, 2015

Catalog copy ~ Lotus Blossom

Hello again everyone!  I wanted to show you this card that I made with the Lotus Blossom stamp set.  Some of you may think, "That card sure looks familiar."  Well that is because I copied it straight out of the Sale-A-Bration catalog.  Do you often copy cards from the catalog? I rarely do, but I really need to do it more often, why not make something that was obviously so pretty that it was published in the catalog right? And it helps give you a feel for the stamp and helps to jump start your creativity.  I love that little scrap of doily at the side, I will do that again for sure. I think the catalog may have used Whisper White as a base, but I decided to use Shimmer White as it is a bit heavier and I think it is so pretty.  The colors I choose for the Lotus Blossom are Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral, with a Wild Wasabi stem.  I also used embossing powder in Gold for the sentiment.


I love the embossed gold with the Fancy Foil vellum cardstock.  A hint, when adding the Fancy Foil vellum to your projects, you can minimize the look of adhesive by adding your adhesive in areas that wont show.  For this card the adhesive is hidden behind the main card base.












I hope that you will look through your Stampin' Up! catalogs and copy of few of your favorite cards.
Thanks for stopping by! Here is a How to video of the catalog card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!