Monday, October 27, 2014

Dracula Halloween Treats

Hi Everyone!!  Halloween is just a few days away and I almost didn't bother to show you this fun treat box thinking that it would be too late for you to make them, but guess what?!  It's digital! You can download and print right away, no need to wait for shipping! 

















Inside the coffin is a fun Dracula who holds some candy beneath his cape!















You get the Coffin and Dracula as well as a couple options for a belly band to use to wrap around to keep it closed.  For my project I opted for some thick twine to wrap around mine.  I have a few tips for this download.  Firstly, I was afraid I would use up all my husbands black ink, since the coffins are black and the Dracula is black on the back so his cape is two sided since you will see the back when you close his cape around the candy. I decided to load the download onto a thumb drive and bring it to Office Depot to print for me.  They did a great job and I chose a heavy weight card stock similar to Whisper White so that the box would fold nicely and hold its shape.  Later, I decided I wanted one more, and I printed at home but I just used my black ink-pad on the back of Dracula's cape to save on printer ink, and I just made the coffin out of Basic Black paper.  The download comes with a fully designed coffin, but you also get the "Stamp brush" template so I just printed the fold lines onto copy paper, cut them out, and traced them onto Basic Black.  If you have the time, I think printing at an office supply store turned out really great and easy, that is what I will do in the future.  My son wandered into my craft room as I was putting these together and he really loved it, can't wait to give them to a few special trick or treaters! 

Halloween Bits Designer Templates Digital Download item #137090 

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!