Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Colors of Fall

The leaves are starting to change around town.  I just love this time of year.  It's so fun to see the variety of colors.  Some trees seem to have that one bright red branch and the rest of the tree is still hanging on to green.    So with that in mind you can't really make a mistake when coloring fall leaves.  Red, orange, yellow, green, its all good. 
For this card I used stamps from the "For all things" stamp set.  I really liked the watercolor look to this set.  I decided to take that watercolor look just a step further by using my Aqua Painter on the stamped image to blur it even more.







I started out by stamping the image onto Naturals White card stock.  This card stock is heavier than Whisper White.  You can use Watercolor paper as well, but I like to use Naturals White because of the cost and it works very nicely.   I stamped the leaf into Crushed Curry ink, then rolled the edges in Cajun Craze.  Sometime I also use a marker to add a dab of the second color, what ever works for you. 










Next take your Aqua Painter and go over the inked image with a slightly damp brush.  Your colors will blend together so prettily. 














If you feel you want to add a bit more color you can pick up a bit of ink from your ink pad lid and add a bit more to your image. 














Even if you stick to just one color, adding that bit of water with the Aqua Painter really softens your image. 















Once the ink is dry you can even stamp on top of the leaves with another stamp as I did in this version. 















The ribbon is actually the Natural Chevron ribbon turned upside down. 















The Acorn stamp that comes in the set is great for decorating the inside of the card.  I had already wrote a message in the card before I remember to take a picture, oops!  But I love how the acorns look after I gave then a light brush with the Aqua Painter.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!