Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello Cupcake!

I love to bake, specifically cupcakes and cookies.  I really really loved the download "Baking up Love" and bought it right away, but I wasn't sure how I was going to use it.   I needed a Birthday card this week so I decided to make another Hybrid card that uses MDS (My Digital Studio) as well as some traditional paper craft embellishments.  I made two versions.  On the first card I once again used the "No-Line Piercing" technique on a card!  Maybe you're tired of that technique, but it is really fun.  I printed out my cupcake and then pierced around the image, flipped in over, and painted in the pierced image.   The colors used are Strawberry Slush and Wisteria Wonder.
The Happy Birthday stamp is from the "Remembering your birthday" set.









The ribbon used here is the Natural Cotton Ribbon.   I used a Faux dip dye technique with my markers.  I first colored the ribbon with the  brush end of my markers, going darker at the top. Then I blended the ink in with my Aqua Painters.



























Once the ribbon was dry I simply cut a forked end into each one and adhered them to my card. 

















 On the second card I digitally colored the stamp outline, printed it out, then used Aqua painters to fill the image in.



























here is the "Baking Up Love" digital stamp set. 


















That is what the cupcake looked like before I filled it in. 












Well, thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!